Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 6 in DC

As it comes to the sixth week of my internship in the AAPD office I am sad to that the end is near. I have met so many amazing people and have done so many awesome things that wouldn’t have been possible if AAPD hadn’t brought me on. Today, I met three families who AAPD brought to D.C. to meet with officials at the White House and the Hill to talk about why Medicaid shouldn’t be cut. It was great to work with people and assist them getting to where they needed to go in the city. I really enjoy working in the office but my passion is working hands on with people. Next month once I get to Camphill I will be able to get in and dirty, working hands on side by side with people with disabilities. I don’t want to rush the next two weeks I have though, because I will miss everyone and miss working in D.C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment